Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend revelations and retrospects

Txt conversation between a good friend of mine and I:

(Friend) Did u have some sort of revelation today...FB Post...

(Me) I did.

(Me) The emails have been interesting.

(Friend) I bet.

(Friend) Say, you're not in any shape or form mad at me, right?

(Me) Nope. I think our conversation last night made me think. It made me realize I was attracted to things I couldn't have. Just needed a reality check. Maybe it was my sanity safety net.

(Friend) I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you in any way but I don't think I ever led u on either. I believe I made it clear from the start we would just be friends.

(Friend) I hope there is nothing wrong with that. :)





(Me) My txt to you last night was just a joke. I was kidding. Then my mind wandered, and I started thinking of my wife (we'll divorced in a week). Then it moved on from memories of the good times to memories of the bad times. Then to utter disgust at the thought of her having sex with the fat guy she's dating. Then I sat there for a minute and realized I needed to put my big-boy boxers on and get on with my life. There is someone out there that will appreciate me in the way I need to be, and who wants to be adored and cherished like I am capable of, and good at, doing. And I'll be DAMNED if I'm not going to find her!

(Friend) Wow...U had quite an interesting evening!!! I'm sure there is somebody out there for you - just don't force it. U know, let it happen naturally.

(Then - off to unrelated conversation)

No comments:

Post a Comment